Whether you have a room devoted to an office or you share a portion of the family room, you want your workspace to be stylish and functional. Adapting some of these ideas may help you to get motivated.
- Your Desktop Space should be a height of 26 inches for your computer keyboard. To keep everything within easy reach, your desk should be configured in an L or U shape.
- Storage Space should include standard filing cabinet for efficient storage. A closet could have pull out storage bins for organizing and storing larger bulky supplies. Utilize tall cabinets to add vertical interest without taking up too much valuable floor space.
- Your office chair should be designed for extra support. Your back will thank you.
- Internet & Telephone Wireless internet and cordless telephone eliminate the need for all of those messy wires and the need to rewire the space. Eliminating the clutter of all those wires will also give you more of a sense of order.
- Lighting should be designed to accommodate specialized tasks. Avoid glare on your computer monitor by using adjustable desk lamps, dimmer switches, and lamps that produce indirect lighting (lights that bounce light of the ceiling).
- Bulletin Boards are great for organizing work, displaying calendars and projects that you are currently working on. A chalkboard would be a great addition for jotting notes. Beautiful colors today can even be customized with chalkboard paint.
- Personalize your space with pictures, inspiring quotes or anything that will make your workspace comfortable for you.
Most of all, make the space your own and one that you will enjoy being in. You will be happy that you did. Check this great office space created by Kimball Starr. She has done a fabulous job creating a functional and beautiful workspace.